3 (3.4 oz) boxes instant coconut cream pudding
1/3 cup flour
11/2 cup water
1tsp. Coconut extract
1/3 c. Oil
1/3 c. Sour cream
4 cups milk
2cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 (8 oz) container cool whip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grab a white cake mix and dump contents into your stand mixer.
3. Add 1 box instant pudding, and 1/3 c. Flour. Toss it around to combine.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups water, 1 tsp. coconut extract, 4 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, and 1/3 cup sour cream. Blend the ingredients together on low speed, scrape the bottom of the bowl and beat for two min. Or until the batter is glossy.
5. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. And pour batter in. Pop it into the oven and let the old girl bake for 35-40 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
6. Remove the pan from oven and let it cool.
7. Spread 2 cups coconut out on large cookie sheet. Pop it into the oven and let the coconut get all toasted and wonderful. Should take about ten min. And you will want to stir it a couple of times while it toasts. Be careful when you open the oven. Coconut lets off a really potent fume that can burn your eyes. It's best to open the oven cautiously without looking directly into oven. Let the fumes escape from oven for few seconds then u will be fine.
8. When your cake has cooled for about ten min. Poke a bunch of holes in it with the end of a wooden spoon.
9. Into your stand mixer pour 4 cups milk and 2 boxes instant pudding, with the whisk attachment whip the pudding until thickens.
10. Pour the pudding over cake. It's ok if the cake is still a little bit warm.
11. Spread it all over cake.
12. Grab some cool whip and carefully scoop it onto pudding. Spread out evenly. If you put your cake in fridge and get it nice and cold then the cool whip spreads nicer and won't get mixed in the pudding.
13. Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the top. Pop the pan in fridge and let it set and chill for at least an hour.
This cake is so good! It's light and fluffy and easy to make.
Here are some pictures of mine!
Posted by suanne!