Thursday, May 16, 2013

Strawberry Angel Food Cake Trifle

Submitted by Lacie
Eric does not have a sweet tooth like me, so when he requested a dessert I was all about that! And it is now one of our favorites! Easy and a must try!
 The recipe is SO easy, you will need:
A package of strawberries, sliced.
One angel food cake(you could bake your own, but I just bought one) cut into bite size squares.
Vanilla Pudding, I bought the pack that had 4 little cups of pudding. And I ended up using all 4. And I am talking about the pudding your Mom used to put in your lunch, NOT the instant pudding you have to make!
One large carton of heavy whipping cream.
Powder Sugar.

Cut your strawberries up and put sugar on them to sweeten them, or I actually had home made strawberry jam that I added to my strawberries instead of sugar. Or you could use a gelatin that you can buy at the store.
Cut up your angel food cake next. Then your very last step is to make your whipping cream. If you do not want to make whipping cream you could use cool whip, but the whipped cream is the  kind where you lick the spoon and bowl clean, its that good! I used my hand mixer, but you could also use your kitchen aide. Whip all the cream and add powder sugar, I didn't add a certain amount of powdered sugar, I just added a little and then tasted if it was the sweetness I wanted. You whip until thick and fluffy! Takes a little bit to get that way!
Now once you have done all that it is time to layer the goods!
On the bottom start with the angel food cake, then on top of that add some strawberries, then vanilla pudding, then whip cream, then repeat! I added a few strawberries on top for a garnish.
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment